13 Ekim 2009 Salı

çalışma masamdan notlar | notes from my desk

_i'm enjoying some of what i'm doing, i enjoy them a lot actually, so now i decided to shift the emphasis of my study towards them, and keep enjoying what i'm doing.. scripting, programming, parametric modelling (which is in practice a kind of user-friendly programming actually), some of the texts i read, investigation into 3d geometry and maths, hard hands-on modelling etc... i mean without definite goals or results...
_and i really abolished "hard deadlines", yes i did.. now i'm an arbeiter of my pleasure for my "almost-deadlines".. no need for extra stress.. time's just going on..
_i remembered that i had no ambition for high achievements when i sarted doing a phd, it was just 'going on living', and my life occured as a stream towards a phd, that's it... i've never had a huge ambition for high achievements indeed, and that's what was nice with my organism... i still don't, though occasionally i get excited over my newfound ideas, i quickly realize that they're not so "distinguished" ideas... so be it, i'm just living, and dragged by my enthusiasm towards this and that, always remaining an amateur and an enthusiast.. i will not be sucked into the quest for 'definable' achievement, definable in the sense of 'established'. i like my achievements, though they're not clear for most..
_though it makes you a bit 'unreliable', why not stay 'elusive' here too? as i do in taşkışla?
_if we get a bit technical: i'll quit mel altogether and start python scripting in maya.. mel is good for nothing and it only tends to complicate simple tasks, it obliges you to reinvent the most basic algorithms and functionalities that a decent programming interface must include... (but scripting is great fun and, listen to me, go try it right now!! 3ds max/maxscript, rhinoceros/visual basic, autocad/autolisp, cinema4d/coffee, maya/mel/python, blender/python.. etc.. start with any of them)
_i've been scripting my second forage into evolutionary shape generation, and now after debugging i'll get into some experimenting (but only after debugging which is a quite mind-squeezing procedure)... i'll be writing about relevant texts and my trials next week, maybe after a bit of literature-mapping... but before, i'm planning to spend some more time on 'parametric modelling' with rhinoceros-grasshopper (i hereby cordially invite all my friends to enter into this exciting realm too, and try a few things!!)

Hiç yorum yok: